Monday, January 1, 2018

Blog Post #11: 2 0 1 8






Hello everyone!

First things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR! 


I wanted to post something for New Year's eve but I didn't get the time to do so because yesterday was so hectic! But then, I also thought about how starting the year off with a new post might not be such a bad idea so here ya go.


-

Dear you,

Yes,  you! The one who's reading this.

I want to tell you that you did a great job last year!

Before you even stop reading right there because you believe that you didn'tーstop. I didn't say that you did a perfect job because news flash none of us did.

You still did a great job, though. Why, you ask? Well, because you're reading this right now. It means that you made it to 2018, alive. No matter what bullshit you went through in 2017, you are actually still here. And, no. I am not gonna reassure you that you won't have bullshits this year because chances areーyou will have a lot more. 

But before you get discouraged and before you frown, I just want you to remember something. You made it through last year and that might not be a huge thing for youーthough it should definitely beー you did it. 

If you ask me about what I look forward to this year, I honestly don't know. Right up until the moment I'm writing this blog post, I still am not entirely sure of what I'm going to look forward to. Is it my last year in Senior High? Will it be the fact that I'll turn 18? or is it going to be the growing anxiety about deciding what college to apply? Maybe it's the growing responsibilities of being an official adult? I don't know.

What do you look forward to?

I do have a few wishes & hopes for you. :)

I hope that you won't dwell on every bad thing or mistakes that you commit every day. 
No matter how small or big it is, let it go. Accept that you won't be able to change it anymore so really? What's the point of  dwelling on it?

I hope that you learn to let yourself be human. 
Often times, we look down on ourselves. I don't know what it is but we sort of have this idea that we're the best or that we can do everything perfect but we cannot. It just ain't happening,man. So I hope that you'll learn to let yourself make mistakes and be human. I know it's hard to hear or read, but you're not Wonder woman or Batman or Iron man or Superman. You are just you and that is enough.

I hope that you take time off each day to be kind.
Whether it's just to smile at a stranger on the street or helping an old lady cross the street. It doesn't matter how big or small the act is. It will still matter a lot.

Lastly, I hope that when everything else fails, you won't lose hope.
Because honestly, it's the only thing that can get you through anything.

Have a kick ass, amazing 2018 fellas! Make this year countー or not. It's your choice really. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment