Sunday, October 11, 2015

Blog Entry #5: World Mental Health Day










Okay, so I'm kind of late for this because time check at my place right now: 12:44 AM

Which probably says that October 10th finally ended but still...





Mental Illness... what is it?



You know what? I'm not going to lie.

Before, I thought people who has mental illness are crazy. (yup! who am I to think of that?) but I never thought that it's something so serious. Something so hard to get through with.

I'm not sure if I have one but I think I might have one. 

I've been taking Depression Test & Anxiety Test online all of them pretty much implies that I do have one.

Can I just say how hard it is to be depressed? To feel like you're not enough nor worthy?

God, It's so hard. 

No motivation.
No confidence.
No hope.

Sometimes, it feels like everything's eating you all up. 

It feels like it's taking all those positive thoughts in your mind and replaces it with negative ones.

Like, it pulls you into this black hole and you just can't escape it.



Some people say, It's all in the mind. 
Some people say, we act that way for attention.

But here's to those people: 

Do you know what it feels like?
Have you experienced it?

No? Then who are you to judge?
Who are you to tell us to, “just get over it.”?

It's not easy. I don't think it will ever be.



People who suffer mental illness are not crazy. ― They are people who carries pain within them that they can't handle. They don't know how to.

And, I think that it will help if people can just be kind. You know? Just be kind.

Really listen & really understand them.

They need someone that's ready to listen to everything and not judge them.
They need someone who shows sincere love and care.

They need someone to be there. 

And I hope, we'll all be that "someone" for somebody.

Help them. Save them. Love them.

After all, we all deserve to live a happy life right?





And to those people out there (like me!),

I'm here to tell you that you are worth it. You have relevance in this world. You have a heart that is beating right now and it needs to stay like that. It's not easy. I know it's not. But we gotta live this life even though sometimes we think that we shouldn't. I've come to realize that sometimes it's actually all about perspectives. Yes, it's hard, but can you just try to just look at the bright side of everything? Just look at it and try to reflect on it. Sometimes, it makes a difference. The difference may be a small one, but it's still a difference. And it might help. 

There are people around you and I know it's hard to open up to them but just try. Try to open up because maybe, it's finally time to spread your wings and face your fears. 

Sometimes, all you have is yourself and that being said, sometimes it's just really you that can help yourself. 

Make yourself a better person. Help yourself. Because, I promise you, there's a lot in life that you still need to watch out for.

So, just hang in there. Hold on and never give up. 

It will end and it will stop. 

Trust me, it will.



1 comment: