Friday, November 13, 2015

Book Review: The Last Summer of Us








The Last Summer of Us
by Maggie Harcourt
                                                                                             PaperbackUK
                                                                           Published May 1st 2015 by Usborne Publising

Limpet, Steffan and Jared. Three best friends crammed into a clapped-out rust bucket of a car on a whirlwind road trip to forget their troubles and see out the end of the summer. But no matter how far they drive, they can’t escape the hidden secrets and slow-burning romance that could upset the balance of their friendship – perhaps forever.


-


I bought this book on maybe the last week of July together with My Heart and Other Black Holes. It was in this shelf that has all the summer books probably because it was the summer at that time. It was difficult decision because there was this thick book (Sorry, I forgot the title!) and I always go for the thick one because I don't really have the time (and, money.) to always go to the bookstore and The Last Summer of Us isn't that thick so I didn't know which one to get.

The reason that I picked this book is because I started reading the ending part of it and it intrigued me a lot. And, it was like whispering to me that I should get it so I did. Haha! After buying it, I promised myself that I'll read it when summer vacation starts which is around 2nd week of August but of course, I couldn't help it. I was already reading it while I was on the train back home.

The book started at a sad event. And, I didn't expect it. I was kind of hoping that it'll be like a happy-kind-of book. But surprisingly, it was deeper than that. Waaay deeper.

Because of that sad event and all the other bullshits that Limpet, Jared and Steffan has, they decided to go on a road trip to try to escape the chaos for a while. Little did they know that they'll stumble with chaos again. But this time, It's kind of a fun chaos.

I like how sincere the story is. It's so beautifully sad and all but the humor is there. I also liked the parts where you're already getting hints about the love that will soon blossom between two of the main characters. It was slow-paced. I love how the author didn't rush it and focused instead on the friendship of the three main leads. 

All in all, this story is beautiful and I really suggest you to read it. Sooooo many things that you'll learn and of course, these peeps are #FRIENDSHIPGOALS. So, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Fave Line from this book:
Our damage, our history − it doesn't define us. We define it.


✯ 4.5 stars for this book. ✯


    I probably sucked at reviewing the book but believe when I say that the book is awesome!   
    

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great holiday reading. I am planning my trip to Carribean in a few months and want to bring some books with me to read by the pool. I will check it out on Kindle. :) Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a good book! Thank you so much!1

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about this book. Adding it to my To Read List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like such a good read! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm always looking for new books to put on my to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete