Saturday, November 19, 2016

Travel Diaries: Kyoto, Japan




This blog post's long overdue! Trivia: I didn't know that I actually finished writing the whole post last year. Lol stupid me! 

  Anyway, I've been in Japan for almost four years now but I hardly get the chance to travel & explore. Aside from my age, I have an overprotective mama. LOL! But, thanks to the school trips! I got to see Temples in Kyoto and Nara. (This post does not include the Nara one though, sorry.)

I had this school trip on my last year at Junior High so that's a year ago.

Here's a bit of the tiring yet fun trip.


This is the Deva Gate is a front gate in Kiyomizu Temple. Rebuilt at the end of 15th century. Called as "Red gate"


Gorgeous gate they got there, right?


Moving on.....








 Three-Storied Pagoda was rebuilt in 1632.




 Kyodo or Scriptures storage was rebuilt in 1633.






                                  Saimon or West Gate was rebuilt in 1631.







                                           Harmonized with the green of Mt Otowa.



And this are the other places inside the Kiyomizu Temple.


So we went here and this is what's inside.

First, this is Love fortune paper. It tells you, your luck in love. And, I tried it. (Mainly because my friends tricked me into buying one.) I got, "fair luck", by the way.



So, this is the "Love Stone". My friends and I wanted to do it but there were a lot of people and we were just shy. But, there are other students who tried it, and hopefully, they find their "love".




So I really don't know what this is in English. But, this was one of my favorites. And I really do hope that it's true because we spent ¥200 for it. 

This picture is NOT mine. I just got it from Google because I think you might want to see the actual temple and this is it. I didn't have the chance to take a photo like this because we were in a rush. Sorry! (and credits to whoever owns this picture.) 

Well anyway, After Kiyomizu Temple we went down to the streets and we bought souvenirs (which I didn't took photos.) We also bought ice creams because it was really hot. The ice cream was so so good that I forgot to take a picture of the shop but if you ever feel like going to Kyoto in a hot weather, I think you'll simply find it at any food shop. 


I really don't know what temple is this but it was really small and the only reason why I took a photo of it is because I was done eating my ice cream and I got a little bored waiting for my friends to finish theirs. But this is kinda cute, right? It's so little compared to Kiyomizu Temple.





 After eating ice creams, we went down to this street. This was near the Kiyomizu Temple and there are still a lot of shops and girls wearing kimonos. Oh, and speaking of kimonos. Since Kyoto is a historical place, did you know that you can actually rent a kimono in Kyoto? So if you ever feel like wearing one while strolling around, you surely would want to rent. It will absolutely make you feel like a real Japanese girl. No need to feel shy about it because there are a lot of girls wearing it around.

 This shop sells the best "Yatsuhashi". The chocolate flavor was absolutely my fave!



This is absolutely perfect for the hot weather! Affordable & 100% healthy smoothies. It really is great and you should try it!



 I don't think that this is exactly a temple but the colors got us so we just went in. Isn't it cute?










 After a verrrry long walk, we reached Yasaka Shrine. It has bright colors and that makes it so beautiful. Basically, we only took a few shots and tried to rest for awhile because our knees were really hurting.



Our Kyoto trip did not end there. I mean, we've took a lot of pictures but that would make this post very long so I'll cut it short.


It was a memorable trip! Definitely one for the booksーor in this case, one for the blogs. :P 
(Not funny? Okay, okay. I get it.)